Electro-Soul / Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
RELEASED MAY 7, 2015
TELEVISION & RADIO
- CTV Morning Live Winnipeg Growing Song / Looping with the host
- Featured artist on Balade à Toronto TV show (UNIS)
- Featured artist for "Nouvelle vague" on Radio-Canada première
- Delphine et Marylou on BRBR
- Quand Yonge et Dundas square est ton studio CHOQ-fm (Toronto, ON)
- "One Singer, Two Languages" - Meridian Booster (Lloydminster, AB)
- The Water Music Video premiered by Exclaim!
- Rayannah a highlight at Culture Collide - SF Station (San Francisco, CA)
- Boxcar Lullabies Video reviewed by Exclaim!
- Opening for Esperanza Spalding reviewed by the Winnipeg Free Press
- "Rayannah tuning up to release debut EP" - Winnipeg Free Press
- "Rayannah Hits Stride with EP Release Boxcar Lullabies" - Smartbiz (Winnipeg, MB)
- "Rayannah Drops Official Video for Boxcar Lullabies" - MyToba (Winnipeg, MB)
- Boxcar Lullabies EP reviewed by Grayowl Point (Toronto, ON)
- Tivoli lyrics featured in Behind the Hoots : May by Grayowl Point (Toronto, ON)
- Boxcar Lullabies EP on Ride the Tempo (Toronto, ON)
- Growing Song reviewed by Exclaim!
- Boxcar Lullabies reviewed by Exclaim!
- "Petite halte musicale à C'est What? pour Rayannah" - L'express (Toronto, ON)
Rayannah's singular voice rises in layers, creating music from scratch. Running vocals through loop pedals, the bilingual artist bends noise into music and draws listeners into her world. Born and raised in Winnipeg, Rayannah has taken her pedals across Canada, to California for the Culture Collide festival, and to Lille and Paris for her European debut.
Boxcar Lullabies, Rayannah's first recording as a solo artist, was released in May of 2015. The EP blends her melodies with the indelible sounds of delicate strings, distorted whispers, pulled-apart pianos, passing trains, and a choir of double basses. Live, Rayannah recreates these soundscapes by looping her voice, breath, synths and percussion. Her visceral lyrics in French and English ring above it all, pulling from her experiences both dark and sweet.
Whether opening for Esperanza Spalding or Coeur de pirate, playing the main stage at Yonge & Dundas Square, fronting her band and string section, or performing alone on stage, Rayannah shares something intricate, raw and intimate all at once.
Rayannah can perform in solo, duo, trio or quartet configuration, with up to 60 minutes of music.
Opening for Esperanza Spalding at the Burton Cummings Theatre - June 2015
Winnipeg International Jazz Festival Mainstage
Opening for Cœur de pirate (Winnipeg)
Culture Collide Los Angeles & San Francisco
Francofête (Toronto) Yonge & Dundas Square
Boxcar Lullabies release at the West End Cultural Centre (Winnipeg) — May 2015
National Arts Centre (Ottawa) — January 2015
Festival du Voyageur (Winnipeg)
February 2015 & 2016
JUNOfest (Winnipeg) — March 2014