Electro-Soul / Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
TELEVISION & RADIO
- Featured artist on Prise de son TV show on Radio-Canada
- Guest artist on La Route des 20 radio program on Radio-Canada première
- CTV Morning Live Winnipeg Growing Song / Looping with the host
- Featured artist on Balade à Toronto TV show (UNIS)
- Featured artist for "Nouvelle vague" on Radio-Canada première
- Delphine et Marylou on BRBR
- Quand Yonge et Dundas square est ton studio CHOQ-fm (Toronto, ON)
- Video premiere of live cover of Retrograde (James Blake) with Sors-tu.ca - October 2017
- "Pedal Power" article on the front page the the Winnipeg Free Press arts section
- "One Singer, Two Languages" - Meridian Booster (Lloydminster, AB)
- The Water Music Video premiered by Exclaim!
- Rayannah a highlight at Culture Collide - SF Station (San Francisco, CA)
- Boxcar Lullabies Video reviewed by Exclaim!
- Opening for Esperanza Spalding reviewed by the Winnipeg Free Press
- "Rayannah tuning up to release debut EP" - Winnipeg Free Press
- "Rayannah Hits Stride with EP Release Boxcar Lullabies" - Smartbiz (Winnipeg, MB)
- "Rayannah Drops Official Video for Boxcar Lullabies" - MyToba (Winnipeg, MB)
- Boxcar Lullabies EP reviewed by Grayowl Point (Toronto, ON)
- Tivoli lyrics featured in Behind the Hoots : May by Grayowl Point (Toronto, ON)
- Boxcar Lullabies EP on Ride the Tempo (Toronto, ON)
- Growing Song reviewed by Exclaim!
- Boxcar Lullabies reviewed by Exclaim!
- "Petite halte musicale à C'est What? pour Rayannah" - L'express (Toronto, ON)
RELEASED MAY 7, 2015
Rayannah's singular voice rises in layers, creating music from scratch. Running vocals through loop pedals, the bilingual artist bends noise into music and draws listeners into her world. Born and raised in Winnipeg, Rayannah has taken her pedals across Canada, to the West Coast of the US, and to Europe.
Boxcar Lullabies, Rayannah's first recording as a solo artist, was released in May of 2015. The EP blends her melodies with the indelible sounds of delicate strings, distorted whispers, pulled-apart pianos, passing trains, and a choir of double basses. Live, Rayannah recreates these soundscapes by looping her voice, breath, synths and percussion. Her visceral lyrics in French and English ring above it all, pulling from her experiences both dark and sweet.
Whether opening for Esperanza Spalding or Coeur de Pirate, playing the main stage at Yonge & Dundas Square, fronting her band and string section, or performing alone on stage, Rayannah shares something intricate, raw and intimate all at once.
Rayannah can perform in solo, duo, trio or quartet configuration, with up to 60 minutes of music.
Winterruption Festival (Regina & Saskatoon) — January 2018
Showcasing artist at Breakout West (Edmonton)
Guest with the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra — May 2017
Fifteen date tour of Germany — January 2017
Opening for Esperanza Spalding at the Burton Cummings Theatre — June 2015
Winnipeg International Jazz Festival MainstageJune 2016
Opening for Cœur de Pirate (Winnipeg)
Culture Collide Los Angeles & San Francisco - October 2015
Francofête (Toronto) Yonge & Dundas Square - July 2015
Boxcar Lullabies EP release at the West End Cultural Centre (Winnipeg) — May 2015
National Arts Centre (Ottawa) — January 2015
Festival du Voyageur (Winnipeg)
February 2015, 2016 & 2017
JUNOfest (Winnipeg) — March 2014